Saturday, March 12, 2011

BEFORE.....

So here we have a fab lamp from the 60's/70's.
I 'rescued' it from ending up in the hands of a non-vintage lover. (LOL) All jokes aside, this was a great find I picked up while thrifting. I believe this was waiting for my arrival at Goodwill. ($8) It is brown & composed of a ceramic like material. If you look closely, you can see where it has gold painted rings. It did not have a shade, but, I instantly connected with the shape. Plus, I knew it would be painted some awesome color & the brown state would not matter. Truth is, it looked awesome in brown. I happen to love color; hence, my prior post.  Therefore, the color fest begins. I am allowing it to dry & will post pics. after it is painted.

This is going to stay in my living room & I plan on keeping it for many years to come :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment