Monday, October 21, 2013

I found you....

Recently, I paid a visit to the Salvation Army in my home town. I must say first off, that I feel fortunate to have one within a short distance. I can sleep easier at night knowing this :)

I love vintage Pyrex pieces and have acquired quite a collection. I will post a blog on that at a later date.  I have many bowls and cups in my collection. I have sold some and own some I will probably pass down to my kids. Then, again, who knows if my kids or their kid's will even care about this stuff. Either you love Pyrex or you hate it. There is no in between.

But, who cares? I look for Pyrex at every thrift store, yard sale, or a friend's mother's house. Hahh! So, during my shopping bliss, I found a Pyrex butter dish. I have searched for one for years. Now, understandably, I could easily purchase one online or at an antique mall somewhere. Lord knows collector's make that an easy task. But, I did not want that! I wanted to own one that I found on my own during my thrifting travels. And, voila! She appeared.


  • I got lucky & for $1.99 and a little Dawn dish detergent, I now own a piece that I will use for years to come.  To say that I got Pyrex lucky is an understatement.  I had to come all the way back to the east coast to find this beauty. Good things come to those who wait for sure.....http://www.facebook.com/MsRetrogirl

No comments:

Post a Comment